Golden Gully Vineyard
Our vineyard is situated in the heart of the Mudgee winegrape growing region, near to the vineyards which produce Mudgee’s most celebrated wines. On the site of a 19th century gold mine, the vineyard is slightly elevated compared to most others in the area and has well drained, rocky soils. These attributes plus sufficient supplies of rain and groundwater enable us to consistently produce premium quality, disease free, fruit despite the natural variability of our sometimes unforgiving climate.
We bring a strong commitment to sustainable viticulture to our management of the vineyard. Our overall aim is to maintain and even improve the environmental health of the vineyard and surrounding ecosystem so that future generations will be able to enjoy this beautiful location and its fruit as we do today. For example, we:
- use mulches in the new vineyard areas to retain moisture, minimise soil erosion and weed growth;
- are sparing in our use of herbicides and fungicides and only select those which are the most benign in their impact on the environment;
- use natural, seaweed based fertilisers;
- closely monitor soil moisture and drip irrigate so that the vines get only the minimum amount of water required to grow the fruit; and
- use green electricity from renewable sources.